Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Sky is Not Falling, Henny Penny.


I do not believe fiction is dead. Those yellow post-it notes sticking out of my Writer's Market all represent pages that have at least one magazine or journal buying short stories. Of course some have more prestige than others, but I'm not going to sit around and worry that I will have hundreds of high quality stories and no VQResque literary journals left to submit them too. It is more realistic to worry about getting so caught up in the panic about fiction's demise that I don't have time to write or send submissions anywhere. Therefore, I've decided to learn a lesson from Henny Penny and not worry about the sky falling.

1 comment:

  1. I think no matter what...there will always be valuable places for people to share the wealth with the world.

    ReplyDelete