Thursday, May 10, 2012

Google Trends

http://www.google.com/trends/

Okay, so I promise I'm not a statistics nerd or anything, but I do occasionally love to use Google Trends because it can graphically show how ridiculous and ADD we can be in our culture. So, so many interesting things, and they all tell a story. Think Kanye West was a jerk to Taylor Swift back in 2009? Well stats show she was trending over three times as much right after the incident occurred. Free publicity, anyone? I mean, has anyone given a damn about Taylor Swift since then? And of course, Google Trends can be used to chart the progress of all these crazy memes that are emerging as part of internet culture.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Google Trends but I'm glad I know about it now. Although I am kind of at a loss as to really use it but I can see how it could be usesful.

    ReplyDelete