Thursday, February 16, 2012

I was looking over the Digital Storytelling website again, and their definition of a digital storyteller reminded me of oral tradition and other mediums that would be an interesting addition to the magazine if given a cyber twist.
In oral tradition, the storyteller did not have to be the original author, and the telling of the story did not have to be completely accurate.  Documentaries, which require some form of accuracy, also are audio and visually driven, and are effective if both are successfully combined.  What I thought would be interesting is to hear the poem either from the author or another reader to give the writing another level of complexity.  Poetry.org includes both the written poem and an audio clip for what poems it can, and I thought it might be an interesting idea for our magazine.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of all stories as distortions, "not really true". Guess everything fits in distortion, huh?

    ReplyDelete